The following are not considered suitable for school and should not be part of a student’s attire or grooming while in the building:
- Hats, scarfs, caps, or other head coverings.
- Sunglasses and nonprescription dark glasses.
- Bare midriffs, mesh-type shirts (unless another shirt is worn underneath), tank tops, tube tops, halters, short-shorts and spandex, must have appropriate layered clothing on top. (Fingertip length is the general length of shorts, skirts, and dresses).
- Clothing or patches with obscene or suggestive language or clothing or patches making reference to alcohol, tobacco, drugs, bars, or any illegal substances are prohibited.
- Chain wallets of any kind are not permitted to be worn in school.
If school attire is considered inappropriate, the student will be given an opportunity to call home for a change of clothing. If change is unavailable, the student will be detained in the office. Second offenses will result in further disciplinary action.